Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Microcamper v2.0 frame completed

Hello all,

Just wanted to post some shots, as I've healed up and got around to finishing the microcamper project's hardware frame. I removed the rear passenger interior trim panel and intend to completely replace it with a sink, faucet, countertop, fold-out table, 6 gallon h2o tank, and a deep cycle RV battery. These and other systems will be controlled via a set of control panels that I am in the process of finishing up. As for now, here are a few pics of the aluminum framework that I riveted together.


This first one is from the rear with the table frame folded in, so that you can see how much space this project is (not) taking up in the back of the Element. Nevermind the mess of parts and tools... they're a necessity!

Followed by a close-up of the framework. The blue cooler serves dual purposes as a cooler (duh) and it is drained to the outside for use as a sink.

This is a shot from a little further away to get an overall look. Table frame is extended.

A view from the front. Table frame collapsed.

If anyone has any interest or questions, you can email me directly, or find me on the Element Owner's Club (http://www.elementownersclub.com)... My user name is hooptey and I'm trying to chronicle the project there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment