Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Microcamper v2.0 preview

Hi, all...

I've suffered a minor setback and won't be able to complete the new microcamper design as fast as I'd like. I had a little accident and fractured my ankle, and since I live in a third story apartment, I haven't been able to get down the damn stairs to work on Ellie.

However, before I busted myself, I went to the surplus store and bought the remainder of the supplies I'll need for the project. I also got my rapid-prototyped parts out of the FDM machine at the lab. Here's a preview pic of one of the control panels:
It's in its raw green plastic form, but since then I have refinished it black with white lettering. (The same goes for the other interior controls.)

Anyway, as soon as I can get down to some plastic forming and riveting, I'll get some pics of the project build as it goes on. Thanks for everyone from EOC and otherwise who's continued interest in my camper setup gets me motivated enough to get off the couch every once in a while... even when I'm not hurt!


-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment